As an account management intern, you will be charged with learning and becoming proficient in core categories of public relations, focused on developing media relations skills, meeting client needs and executing elements of PR programs. The intern should strive for personal and professional growth, learning to provide account teams with exceptional value and service.
We are looking for both postgraduate and undergraduate intern candidates for summer 2018.
• Develop and main media lists
• Monitor and track media; report trends, create reports as needed
• Prepare pitch letters and assist with media outreach on behalf of clients as instructed
• Assist in developing press materials, including fact sheets, backgrounders and press releases
• Help with social media content creation and report
• Respond to requests for information from clients, account staff and other agency employees
• Attend client meetings, conference calls, team brainstorms and meetings as directed by your supervisor
• Write client and/or team memos
• Assist with online research to support client projects and/or new business opportunities
• Assist with event coordination and logistics
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English or related field
• Ability to work 40 hours per week
• Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Strong understanding of social media
• Attention to detail, strong organizational skills and willingness to work on a variety of projects
• Previous PR or marketing internships a plus, but not required
For more than 25 years, we’ve helped companies access new audiences in new ways. We’ve helped our clients navigate disruption in their markets so that change is less painful and more profitable. And in today’s constantly changing and cluttered world, we continue to do what we’ve always done — make the complicated uncomplicated.
We do this by approaching integrated communications differently, simplifying it with a non-siloed structure — where earned media, digital and experiential teams are blended by design. Where we are seamlessly developing creative ideas, content and brand-right strategies to create surround-sound experiences that are compelling, consistent and custom-built for each client and their audiences.
We do this with our staff too! We’ve created a non-siloed work structure where employees can work across brands, ranging from consumer and enterprise technology to lifestyle and food & beverage. We are obsessed with our employees’ success and are committed to their career growth. We live and learn at the crossroads of passion for the craft and the latest technologies. We believe in teamwork and collaboration — the “us” before the “me." And, hey, we have fun.
Access Brand Communications is the agency where bright minds find a superior work environment, offering an eclectic range of experiences to keep them stimulated…sound like the right kind of place for you?